In order to build a successful online business, you also need to build your credibility. Credibility is the quality one possesses that enables potential customers to trust and believe in them. This credibility will certainly extend to your business as well.
People need to be able to trust in your expertise and integrity when dealing with you. For some people, their credibility is their most valuable business asset. But unfortunately inexperience can cause many people to chip away at their credibility without even realizing it.
If you are regularly or repeatedly doing any of th www.ufabete following, you might want to reconsider and refine your business activities.
1. Taking Your Customers for Granted – This is surprising, but I see so many people taking their customers for granted and not realizing how important each and every one of them are – even if they do not make a purchase right away. Take the time to really listen to your customers. Do not get locked into the “I have to get the sale” trap. First you have to make the connection, build the trust and then chances are the sale will come. Put the customer and their needs first, not the sale.
2. Not Taking Responsibility – When something goes wrong with your sales transaction or other business matter, be sure to step up and accept responsibility. Do not try to place blame elsewhere or make excuses. People will see through this and a chunk of your credibility will fall away. You may think that trying to convince the customer that it was not your fault will help but it shows a lack of responsibility and commitment. Apologizing and doing everything you can to rectify the situation will go much farther in building your credibility.
3. Being too Pushy and Aggressive – The days of the pushy forceful salesman are gone. People want someone who can work with them, listen to them and offer them a solution. Show your customers you are that person and let them know you can give them what they need.
4. Being Inconsistent – To have a successful business you need to be consistent and regular. For example: If you send out a weekly mailing to your mailing list, be sure to send it out weekly. I, unfortunately, know a few online business owners who will send out a mailing here and there. I also know some websites that advertise new products daily but many times I have visited and nothing. These are exactly the types of mistakes that could destroy your credibility and drive away your potential customers. When you say you are going to do something, Do It!
5. Pushing Your Personal Life – In this day and age with the internet and social media, you can reach more people than ever thought possible. But unfortunately, many people get way too personal. When you are running a business and trying to connect with people you need to share insights, resources and information to help build your credibility, not your personal problems. You will need to listen to your customer’s problems but when a person comes to you for a solution to their problem, do not talk to them about your problems with the kids or how many bills you have to pay. Another chip of credibility will fall away.